Education in Austria. Actilingua Academy - intensive German course
• Modern school with 6 bright, welcoming, tastefully furnished and well equipped classrooms, in a typical Viennese Jugendstil building.
• Centrally located in Vienna's embassy district; opposite Belvedere Castle. City center (Stephansplatz) 15 minutes by public transport.
• Multimedia library featuring 17 workplaces with computers and free internet access. • Free W-LAN in the whole school.
• Newspapers, magazines, DVDs, CDs can be borrowed for free.
• Spacious student lounge with coffee, beverages and snacks.
• 10-15 additional class rooms next doors at the Dependance Sacre Coeur.
• Air-conditioned, non-smoking.
• Ideally suited to anybody wanting to make rapid progress in short time.
• You study six lessons a day. Four of these lessons are held in groups of an average of 8 and a maximum of 12 participants and two lessons a day in small groups of 5-8 participants.
• In multinational groups, you will learn a lot about foreign cultures.
• You study for six lessons every morning or afternoon from Monday to Friday.
• As in the Standard Course, the main emphasis is placed on improving your general German and your communication skills. Lessons in grammar and conversation help you with syntax and vocabulary building. You practice formal and informal letter writing, and work on listening and reading comprehension.
• In the additional two lessons in small groups, the teacher can specifically focus on your individual needs and problem areas.
• Each group is taught by three teachers a day in order to ensure more varied and stimulating instruction. Participants become familiar with different individual styles of teaching, teacher personalities and variations in pronunciation of modern German.
• 5 lessons (2-3 times) per week of cultural and leisure programme included: e.g. Vienna guided tours; talks and videos about Austrian music, art, history, literature and architecture; Viennese Waltz course; parties; sports.
Lessons: 35 per week: Standard course (20) + minigroup (10) + cultural programme (5).
Group size: Standard course: 8-12, minigroup: average 5-8.
Level: all levels all year round.
Duration: 2-11 weeks.
Minimum age: 16 years, average age 18 to 35 years.
all Levels: every Monday (exept absolute beginners)
Beginners only: Jan 05, 2009 / Feb 02, 2009 / Mar 02, 2009 / Mar 30, 2009 / May 04, 2009 / Jul 06, 2009 / Aug 03, 2009 / Aug 31, 2009 / Sep 28, 2009 / Nov 02, 2009 / Nov 30, 2009 /