Education in USA. EF - General Course
Special Features of the EF New York school
• Safe 25-acre campus where you’ll live and study among American students
• 40-minute train ride to Manhattan
• Small school with informal, individual service
• The school is equipped with WiFi – Wireless Internet
Number of 40 minute lessons
26 lessons per week including 6 iLab sessions.
Year-round, starting dates every Monday
All levels, beginner to advanced
Gain a sound understanding of the essential disciplines of a language. The focus is on communicating clearly in every day language. This carefully structured course is designed to help you move up one level of ability every six weeks. An EF general course includes 26 morning and afternoon lessons weekly blending classroom and teacher guided iLab self study (total tuition time of 17 hours, 20 minutes).
• 14 general language lessons to build grammar and communication skills, including teacher-led discussions, written exercises, group work and role-plays.
• 4 special interest lessons in your choice of subject. These vary by school location, but often include business, language and music, vocabulary, language and film, pronunciation and grammar workshop.
• 6 iLab sessions of interactive online learning at English Schools/ 4 language lab and 2 integrated video/ project work/ conversation sessions at Non-English Schools.
• 1 lecture (double lesson) either by a teacher or guest lecturer for listening comprehension practice and cultural development.
Course price (US$)
2 weeks 1190
3 weeks 1785
4 weeks 2380
5 weeks 2975
6 weeks 3570
8 weeks 4760
10 weeks 5780
12 weeks 6800
16 weeks 8840
20 weeks 10880
+1* week 510
*each additional week after a minimum of 9 weeks