Education in Great Britain. Twin - Professional English Programme
The Professional English Programme is a specially designed sandwich course for those that want to combine a course of study with an internship or period of paid work experience. It is open to all nationalities and is suitable for students with a slightly lower level of English, although they must have reached intermediate level by the time they are about to commence their placement. The course element is structured around a 4-week syllabus focussing on Employment Skills. The programme is accredited by the NCFE, a nationally recognised examination body, and successful completion will lead to an Intermediate Qualiication in Employment Skills. For students with a lower level of English, options are available which offer 4 - 12 weeks of English language training before the Employment Skills course commences.
The vocational element of this programme is your opportunity to put into practice your newly acquired employment skills. Placements are arranged in areas suitable to student?s educational background. Students can work towards the UCLES work experience certiication (optional).
After completion of the work placement, students return to their school for a one week period of examination and assessment.
- Start dates: Any Monday
- English Level: Intermediate and above (pre intermediate accepted on Option 4)
- Age requirement:18+
- Length of Programme: Flexible, depending on option chosen
- Course locations:Twin English Centres London, Eastbourne and Salisbury
- Work Placement locations: Work placements may be situated anywhere in the UK, often in rural locations.
- Areas of Work: Paid placements are available in the hospitality and catering industry. The employer will provide accommodation and meals at cost.
: - Unpaidplacements available in:n Marketing & Sales, Engineering, Travel & Tourism, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, PR & Advertising, Law, International Trade, Human Resources, Administration & Secretarial, Media, Teaching & IT. Other unpaid options may be available. Employers may on occasions provide students with pocket money.
- Accommodation: Host family accommodation, budget hotels & hostels. Staff accommodation provided during placement if paid hotel and catering work experience option chosen.